Disability Resources

Iowa State University recognizes that some students may have disabilities that interfere with their ability to learn in regular classroom environments. We want to assist students to help remove any impediments to learning by making accommodations.

If a student has a disability that qualifies under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and requires accommodations, he/she should contact the Student Disability Resources (SDR) office for information on appropriate policies and procedures. SDR is located on the main floor of the Student Services Building, Room 1076 — phone 515-294-7220. Elaine Phompheng (1320 Elings Hall, 515-294-9449, elaine@iastate.edu) is the Disability Resource Liaison for the Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering.

More information about Disability Resources: Student Disability Resources

ABE students with disabilities that affect learning

Please work with your instructor and Elaine to address any special needs or special accommodations at the beginning of the semester. Present your instructor with the Student Academic Accommodation Request (SAAR) form as soon as possible, at least one week prior to needing your accommodations. The SAAR form is available from Disability Resources, 1076 Student Services Building.

If you need to set up a time for a test or examination so that you can receive your accommodations, please work with your instructor to contact Elaine at least one week prior to the regularly scheduled exam time. You will not be permitted to take anything into the testing room other than the tools specified by your instructor and those allowable for your accommodation.

ABE Instructors

Please include one of the Disability syllabi statements on your upcoming semester’s syllabus. If the accommodation requested is not clear, seems unreasonable, or appears that it may compromise the integrity of the course please, contact Elaine immediately so the situation can be resolved.

If you need assistance in setting up accommodations for examinations, provide Elaine with information using the form below.

Form for requesting assistance with examination accommodations