- admission to graduate school by the ISU Graduate College
- approval of the ABE Graduate Program Committee
- acceptance by a major professor
- evidence of financial support, by either (1) an assistantship letter of intent, or (2) demonstrated self-support.
For the agricultural and biosystems engineering graduate program:
- A BS degree in an engineering discipline is required for full admission.
- Provisional admission may be considered for applicants with a BS degree in a non-engineering discipline.
The graduate application process at Iowa State University is “self-managed,” which means that the applicant manages his/her own application by collecting the appropriate materials and sending them to the appropriate addresses.
- Application to Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (ABE) Graduate Program
- Application to Industrial and Agricultural Technology (IAT) Graduate Program
International applicants should apply for priority consideration by February 1 for fall semester, and July 1 for spring semester. International applicants will be asked to delay their admission to the following spring or fall semester in the following instances: (1) application for fall semester received after April 1; or (2) application for spring semester received after August 1.
Domestic applicants are encouraged to follow the same application deadlines above to have full consideration for assistantships.
Please remember that the admission process may take several months.
Questions and Application Status Check
Contact the Graduate Admissions Office with questions about materials sent to the Admissions Office.
Contact the department’s graduate secretary about materials sent to the department, Kris Bell, email@example.com, 515-294-1033.