Reporting accidents and injuries
All accidents and injuries must be reported even if medical attention was not required. Further information on reporting accidents is available here
5-item inventory for lab/shop safety
Follow the five steps listed below to identify and implement safe operations in departmental labs and shops.
- Write and communicate Safety Operating Procedures. See templates here
- Lab Safety Manual:
- Become familiar with ISU’s Lab Safety Manual and act upon the practices specified in the manual. The manual is available here
- Write, publish, and communicate Emergency Action Plan
- My Training Needs:
- Complete the “My Training Needs” assessment on the EH&S website to identify training sessions students and staff need to complete. The ‘how-to’ for “My Training Needs” is available here
- Implement appropriate training practices
- Coordinate lab/shop safety audits with EH&S personnel (Paul Richmond); implement the recommendations adequately.
- If labs and shops are likely to be overcrowded, coordinate a conference with EH&S to determine maximum occupancy, and integrate this information into the Safety Operating Procedures.