The Agricultural Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the commission’s General Criteria and Program Criteria for Agricultural and Similarly Named Engineering Programs.”
Program Educational Objectives
Three to five years after graduation, our graduates are using the knowledge, skills, and abilities from their agricultural engineering degree to improve the human condition through successful careers in a wide variety of fields. They are effective leaders, collaborators, and innovators who address environmental, social, technical, and business challenges. They are engaged in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education, or graduate/professional school.
Graduates of the Agricultural Engineering curriculum should have, at the time of graduation:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic year||Fall enrollment||
Annual Graduation Data
Iowa State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.