Graduate fellowship are available to ABE students in the agricultural engineering (AE) and industrial and agricultural technology (IATec) graduate programs. Students must apply for these fellowships.
- Guy and Giese Graduate Student Fellowship
- To apply, graduate students will be notified by email in November
Contact Kris Bell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-294-1033 for questions.
Giese Graduate Fellowship
This fellowship was established in memory of Henry Giese, a long time professor in the structures and environment area of the ABE department. Dr. Giese established the Midwest Plan Service and shepherded many graduate students in the structural design area. The award may be renewed for a second year. The amount is at the discretion of the committee.
- Research area in structures and environment (M.S., Master of Engineering, or Ph.D.)
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently on a graduate assistantship
- GPA of at least 3.5/4.0
Harold and Katherine Guy Graduate Fellowship
This graduate fellowship was established to promote research in soil and water conservation. Approximately 2/3 of the award shall be applied to the student’s university account and the remaining 1/3 shall be applied for research expenditures including technical assistance, travel expenses, research support and for such other purposes as may be reasonably related to the purpose of the endowment.
- Research area is soil and water conservation (M.S. or Ph.D.)
- Outstanding academic potential (GPA, GRE, class rank, etc.)
Silvius-Wolanksy Graduate Fellowship
This fellowship was established to honor the work of Dr. G. Harold Silvius and Dr. William Wolansky, a long time professor in industrial education and technology at Iowa State. Dr. Silvius and Dr. Wolansky were nationally recognized leaders committed to vocational education and training and international programs. Dr. Silvius served as Dr. Wolansky’s major professor at Wayne State University.
- Ph.D. candidate (has passed preliminary examination) in IATec
- Professionally active at local, state, regional, and national industrial education/technology conferences
- Display potential for professional leadership in industrial education and technology
- Contributed to research and publications in industrial education and technology or outstanding dissertation work
- Outstanding GPA