Internship and co-op information
Each industrial technology (ITec) and agricultural systems technology (AST) student is required to complete an internship (TSM 397 and TSM 399) in an area that complements their chosen option within their major.
This work experience (TSM 397) requires:
- at least 400 hours of employment (fulltime during the summer, fall, or spring semester)
- must be more than manual labor
- a one page profile of your work experience
- evaluations from both the supervisor and the student
You must be either:
- A junior (60 credits) or senior (90 credits) in good academic standing (not on academic probation)
- A sophomore with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5
Registering for an internship
Contact Elaine Phompheng, the AST/ITec Technology Internship Coordinator, for approval of your particular internship experience, and complete the following paperwork:
Forms for AST and ITec students
- Complete Internship information sheet ITec & AST
- With the help of your supervisor, complete the Technology-Internship-Work-Agreement-Form
Please submit completed paperwork and a copy of your job duties no later than Monday of Dead Week the semester prior to your work experience.
Important deadlines for complete enrollment paperwork submission
Summer Internship – Due by Monday of Dead Week, Spring semester
Fall Internship – Due by Monday of Dead Week, Spring semester
Spring Internship – Due by Monday of Dead Week, Fall semester
Elaine Phompheng, Technology Internship Coordinator
ABE Student Services / 1320 Elings Hall
515.294.9449 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic internship credit
- Register for TSM 397 (R-credit, no tuition) for the period of your internship. You must see the Technology Internship Coordinator to register for this course – you cannot enroll via Access+. You must meet the internship eligibility standards listed above.
- You will receive an INTERNSHIP COURSE REQUIREMENT CHECKLIST to guide you in completing all the requirements for TSM 397.
- In the semester immediately following your internship, register for TSM 399 (2-credits). The Internship Coordinator will register you for this course upon succesfull completion of TSM 397.