Welcome to the Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
Since 1905, the Department of Agricultural Engineering, now the Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (ABE), has been a leader in providing engineering solutions to agricultural problems in the United States and the world. The department’s original mission was to mechanize agriculture. That mission has evolved to encompass a global view of the entire food production system–the wise management of natural resources in the production, processing, storage, handling, and use of food fiber and other biological products.
- Department Chair (Dr. Steven Mickelson), 1340B Elings Hall, 515-294-1434
- ABE Main Office, 1340 Elings Hall, 515-294-1434
- ABE Graduate Programs Office, 1350F Elings Hall, 515-294-1033
- ABE Undergraduate Advising Center, 1320 Elings Hall, 515-294-9449
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- November 22-23 – Offices closed